Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports
MLB wins leader Max Scherzer is dominating the A's.
The Detroit Tigers remain in control of Game 1 of the American League Division Series against the Oakland Athletics, holding a 3-0 lead through four innings on Friday.
Detroit jumped on Oakland starter Bartolo Colon for three runs in the first inning. Colon has since settled in, allowing only a pair of singles in his last three innings of work. Colon has struck out three and allowed six hits in four innings of work. He's been outpitched by Max Scherzer, who struck out the side in the fourth inning and has seven punch-outs through four scoreless frames while surrendering only one hit, a triple off the bat of Yoenis Cespedes in the second inning.
Miguel Cabrera and Alex Avila each have a hit and an RBI for the Tigers.
• Sex, drugs and payoffs: The A-Rod suit | Also sues Yankees’ docs
• Ladies’ night with the Astros: How not to market baseball to women
• Jon Daniels, Nolan Ryan separated after heated discussion
• ALDS updates: Red Sox-Rays | A’s-Tigers
• NLDS updates: Dodgers-Braves | Pirates-Cardinals