The Cardinals are three innings away from advancing to the NLCS to face the Dodgers.
The St. Louis Cardinals remain in control of Game 5 of the National League Division Series against the Pittsburgh Pirates, taking a 3-0 lead into the seventh inning.
Jon Jay bounced a single into center field off of Pirates reliever Justin Wilson with two outs in the bottom of the sixth inning to score Matt Holliday, whose one-out single started the rally. That came a half-inning after Pittsburgh starter Gerrit Cole was pulled in favor of pinch-hitter Garrett Jones, who flied out to Jay for the first out of the top of the sixth after Clint Barmes led off the fame with a single.
Adam Wainwright is still in the game for the Cardinals and has allowed only two hits in six scoreless innings.
• Meet Sir Bam Bam, who may be the future of big league managing
• ALDS: Red Sox punch ticket to ALCS | Tigers force Game 5
• D'Backs GM clarifies "eye for an eye" retaliation comment
• Sensitive Braves boycott Chipper Jones' first pitch | Call the Party Police!
• By chasing Girardi, the Cubs are building up for a letdown