The Orioles have reportedly come to an agreement with their first-round pick.
The Orioles have agreed to a deal with their first-round selection Hunter Harvey, reports Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun.
The deal is pending a physical, which Harvey will undergo next week. The 22nd-overall selection in the draft should pass the check-up without any hiccups.
Harvey's bonus is expected to be around the slot value of $1,947,600 (per Steve Melewski of MASN), but there has not been a specific number reported as of Thursday night.
Harvey pitched 54 2/3 innings this season for Bandys High School in North Carolina, and had an ERA of 0.38. He had a won-loss record of 8-0.
Harvey is the son of former major-league pitcher Brian Harvey.
More from SB Nation:
• MLB Trade Deadline buyers and sellers
• Harvey challenged former Met to fight
• Jay Bruce robs homer, hits his own
• MLB trade rumor analysis: Jonathan Papelbon
• When baseball experiments go terribly wrong