The Tampa Bay Rays took a 5-2 lead over the Texas Rangers in the top of the ninth inning in the American League Tiebreaker on Monday when Sam Fuld scored on a throwing error by Tanner Scheppers.
With one out in the inning and Ben Zobrist at the plate, Fuld took off for third base, completely catching Scheppers off-guard. The second-year reliever made a hurried throw to third in an attempt to catch Fuld stealing, but the ball eluded Adrian Beltre caromed into left field, allowing Fuld to trot home.
For more on this game, follow our stream or head over to DRaysBay and Lone Star Ball.
• Marlins' Alvarez throws no-hitter | Neyer: The Miracle of Baseball
• Cleveland secures top AL Wild Card seed
• Pirates to host Reds in NL Wild Card Game
• Closing Time: A Mariano Rivera retrospective
• Watch Rivera’s emotional final exit at Yankee Stadium