Just a week ago, we brought you the consensus opinion of six different draft experts (or draft sites), trying to make them agree on a pick for each of the 27 first-round selections. With the MLB draft just a week away, many of those experts/sites have updated their mock drafts as their need for page views new information has presented itself.
To wit, we have updated our consensus mock draft to reflect the latest information from the same six locations: Baseball America's John Manuel, ESPN's Keith Law, MLB.com's Jim Callis, SB Nation's own Minor League Ball, MLB-Draft Insider's Chris Crawford and Scout.com's Kiley McDaniel.
|1||Astros||Brady Aiken||15||Angels||Tyler Beede|
|2||Marlins||Carlos Rodon||16||DBacks||Kyle Schwarber|
|3||White Sox||Tyler Kolek||17||Royals||Derek Fisher|
|4||Cubs||Aaron Nola||18||Nationals||Erick Fedde|
|5||Twins||Nick Gordon||19||Reds||Sean Reid-Foley|
|6||Mariners||Alex Jackson||20||Rays||Forrest Wall|
|7||Phillies||Sean Newcomb||21||Indians||Michael Chavis|
|8||Rockies||Kyle Freeland||22||Dodgers||Derek Hill|
|9||Blue Jays||Trea Turner||23||Tigers||Nick Burdi|
|10||Mets||Michael Conforto||24||Pirates||Monte Harrison|
|11||Blue Jays||Jeff Hoffman||25||Athletics||Ti'Quan Forbes|
|12||Brewers||Max Pentecost||26||Red Sox||Casey Gillaspie|
|13||Padres||Bradley Zimmer||27||Cardinals||Luis Ortiz|
- There's a change at the top as the consensus now prefers prep southpaw Brady Aiken
- The consensus actually prefers Nola at 7 to the Phillies, but he was the only player to receive multiple votes at 4 for the Cubs
- There was no consensus at 7, 13, 15, 20, 24, and 26.
- There were no complete consensus picks, a change from last week when Nick Gordon to the Twins was unanimous
- Two of the mocks were repeats from last week (McDaniel and Minor League Ball) as they had not yet released new mocks.
We'll be back next week on the morning of draft day with one final consensus!