At 1 p.m. ET, UFC Chairman and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta and UFC President Dana White will participate in a media conference call to discuss Zuffa's purchase of promotional rival Strikeforce. SB Nation MMA will provide live updates from the call. You can also follow Luke Thomas for updates on Twitter.
A few key facts to consider:
- Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker will not be on the call. To what extent he has any mobility to be candid is debatable, but it would've been nice to have him present.
- No Showtime representatives will be on the call.
- Issues of contract mobility will have to be addressed. According to reports, fighters are free to move around between the organizations now. If true, who is up for a shift?
- What plans does the UFC have, specifically, for promoting the heavyweight grand prix? Can that be something Spike ever touches?
- Is the UFC categorically against ever having a women's division?
- What measures will be taken to set up developmental stages of promotion, like the Strikeforce Challengers series?
This and much more in 30 minutes. Be here.