I recently caught up with Strikeforce middleweight contender Tim Kennedy on my radio show (MMA Nation on 106.7 The Fan) before his fight tomorrow with Dutch striker Melvin Manhoef at Strikeforce: Feijao vs. Henderson.
We spoke about a number of topics, but here are the topical highlights:
- He explains how his prospective opponent's switched from Luke Rockhold to Jason Miller to now Manhoef...and then to the Easter Bunny.
- Why other fighters don't want to fight him: he's not scary per se, but he is hard to beat.
- His frustration with getting a fight, but how he worked with Strikeforce to finally set something up.
- Kennedy talks about what a four-month fight camp has done to his body and preparation.
- Kennedy doesn't really say he's averse to standing with Manhoef: "I've got a bunch of different ways to finish Melvin."
- Why his 2011 goal is to get another title shot.
- Why he has no desire to go to light heavyweight anymore in his career.
- Kennedy also predicts Dan Henderson will defeat Rafael Cavalcante.
And much more.