UFC President Dana White announced at last night's post-fight press conference that UFC 132 drew 12,947 fans for a live gate of $2.3 million. The event was held at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Dominick Cruz defending his UFC bantamweight title from Urijah Faber headlined the card. Chris Leben knocked out Wanderlei Silva in the first round of the co-main event. Tito Ortiz scored a surprising first round submission over Ryan Bader after dropping Bader with a punch. Carlos Condit blitzed Dong Hyun Kim for the Knockout of the Night and Dennis Siver edged Matt Wiman in a fight that was closer than its unanimous decision score would indicate.
MMA Junkie compiled the top five gates for the UFC at The MGM Grand Garden Arena:
- UFC 66 (Liddell vs. Ortiz II): $5,397,300 gate (13,761 attendance)
- UFC 91 (Couture vs. Lesnar): $4,815,675 (14,272)
- UFC 71 (Liddell vs. Jackson): $4,304,000 (14,728)
- UFC 94 (St. Pierre vs. Penn II): $4,290,000 (14,885)
- UFC 116 (Lesnar vs. Carwin): $4,053,990 (12,740)