It's been an eerie NASCAR Speedweeks so far at Daytona, and today's Nationwide Series race might just continue that trend.
Dale Earnhardt Jr. is one of the favorites for the race – having won the Daytona Nationwide race last July – and Speedweeks has been quite Earnhardt-themed so far. Could Dale Jr. win again?
Think about all the strange things with Dale Earnhardt ties on the 10th anniversary week of the Intimidator's death:
– First, the lights went out during Bud Shootout practice while the cars were on the track.
– Dale Earnhardt Jr. randomly drew the pole for the Bud Shootout.
– Earnhardt Jr. won the Daytona 500 pole.
– Dale Jr.'s practice wreck meant he'll drop to the back and the No. 3 start will take the green flag for the Daytona 500.
– Austin Dillon (driving the No. 3 truck) won the pole for the Truck Series race.
– Michael Waltrip, who won the Daytona 500 on the day his close friend and team owner Earnhardt died in a crash, then won the Truck race.
Looking for other weird coincidences? Earnhardt Jr. is the No. 3 starter for today's Nationwide race. A Richard Childress Racing car (Clint Bowyer) is on the pole – No. 33.
Personally, I don't believe in ghosts – or anything of the sort – but when you add all this up, it seems pretty strange.