1:45pm EDT UPDATE:
Looking at the radar there are a few isolated storm cells northwest and southwest of Pocono Raceway. Showers are moving slowly to the east. There could be more development around these storms but if we are seeing a window of 2 hours IF any more storms develop. You can check out a radar around the track here...
This is a tough forecast. It seems from one run of the models to the next we keep getting a different scenario and timing but generally I go back to my original forecast that there is a good threat of rain during the race. The front seems to have stalled Saturday so it looks like it will pass more afternoon/ evening on Sunday than previously thought.
This means there will be warm and some unstable air around through the late morning and into the afternoon. If we get sunshine that will help the air to become even more unstable allowing showers and storms to develop. There could easily be windows where we get racing in and maybe long enough to get halfway or all the way. Timing and location will be key. Unfortunately with scenario it is hard to pinpoint a possible time or location for storms looking at how these storms have behaved over the last few days.
1:00 p.m EDT
5-Hour Energy 500 – Clouds some sun, possible shower or thunderstorm - temp: 72