If you're going to the NASCAR Sprint All-Star Race and you're a customer of either Sprint, Nextel, Boost or Virgin Mobile, you need to hear me out on this.
Sprint is holding a contest on Saturday afternoon at Charlotte Motor Speedway for one of its customers to be grand marshal for the All-Star Race that night. And here's the thing: I'm one of the judges, so I could help you win (but don't tell anyone)!
All you have to do is be one of the first 20 people to register at the Customer Rewards area inside the Sprint Experience fan display area on Saturday. The information I received says the registration opens at 11:30 a.m., so you'll have to get there a bit early -- but it'll be worth it if you win.
You'll have to give an AWESOME "Drivers, start your engines!" command to make it to the final round -- and that's where I'm one of the judges, along with ESPN's Marty Smith, Associated Press writer Jenna Fryer and Miss Sprint Cup. If we pick you as the winner, here's what you get:
• A meet-and-greet with Carl Edwards before the race;
• An introduction at the drivers' meeting as a VIP (all the drivers will clap for you);
• An introduction as a VIP on the pre-race stage;
• A ride in the official pace car;
• The opportunity of a lifetime to say "Drivers, start your engines!" live on SPEED and make everyone jealous of you.
Personally, I'd like someone from Twitter to win so they can tweet cool pictures and share the experience with the rest of us. So, yes, I'm a biased judge (but again, that's our little secret).
Anyway, if you enter the contest and make the finals, don't let me down! Deliver the loudest, most enthusiastic command EVER, and then I'll do my part.