The NASCAR Sprint Cup Series wild card race can't get much closer than this.
With nine races until the Chase cutoff, there are three drivers tied for the final wild card spot: Kasey Kahne, Ryan Newman and Joey Logano. Kahne technically leads on a tiebreaker following Saturday night's Quaker State 400 at Kentucky Speedway. Kyle Busch holds the other wild card spot.
Meanwhile, Greg Biffle's off-night at Kentucky dropped him two spots in the point standings to fourth, while Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Jimmie Johnson took advantage by each moving up one spot.
Tony Stewart was the biggest mover overall in the top 10, tumbling four positions to ninth in the standings. Denny Hamlin was the biggest gainer, moving up three spots to fifth.
Matt Kenseth continues to lead the standings, by 11 over Earnhardt Jr.
Here are the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series standings with how they relate to the Chase:
- Matt Kenseth +130 inside the top 10
- Dale Earnhardt Jr. +119
- Jimmie Johnson +107
- Greg Biffle +105
- Denny Hamlin +62
- Kevin Harvick +62
- Clint Bowyer +54
- Martin Truex Jr. +53
- Tony Stewart +42
- Brad Keselowski +34
- Carl Edwards -34 from top 10 (-1 win from Wild Card No. 1)
- Kyle Busch -42 (Holds Wild Card No. 1, one win)
- Paul Menard -60 (-1 win from Wild Card No. 2)
- Kasey Kahne -74 (Holds Wild Card No. 2, one win)
- Ryan Newman -74 (-0 from Wild Card No. 2, one win)
- Joey Logano -74 (-0 from Wild Card No. 2, one win)
- Marcos Ambrose -81
- Jeff Gordon -84
- Jamie McMurray -106
- Jeff Burton -109
- Juan Pablo Montoya -120
- Aric Almirola -131
- AJ Allmendinger -137