Parker Kligerman and the Brad Keselowski Racing team have parted ways, the driver confirmed to SB Nation on Monday.
Kligerman, who sits sixth in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series point standings entering this weekend's race at Michigan, told SB Nation via text message the departure was "a lot to take in."
"I'm doing everything in my power to make sure I'm in an even more competitive situation from Michigan onwards," he said. "I thanked Brad for the last year and a half and we parted ways. No hard feelings."
The breakup was first reported by Dave Moody on his GodfatherMotorsports.com site.
Kligerman, who turns 22 on Wednesday, has seven top-10 finishes in 11 Truck races this season and is 35 points behind leader Timothy Peters. This is his second full season in the Truck Series.
"I want to win this championship and I'm going somewhere to do that," he said. "It became apparent we were not going to have the resources we needed to win a championship (at BKR). This was best for BKR to go find those resources."
By "resources," Kligerman is likely referring to a driver who could bring money to better fund the team. Kligerman doesn't have family money or sponsorship to back his career as some young drivers do, so he has to rely on outside sponsors.
This has been a tumultuous time for Kligerman's career. He recently lost some of his scheduled races in Penske Racing's No. 22 Nationwide Series car to Ryan Blaney.
Keselowski did not immediately respond to a request for comment, but BKR said he would drive the team's No. 29 truck at Michigan.
BKR said further information about who will drive the truck after Michigan "will be forthcoming."