Kyle Busch confirmed Thursday that he has signed a multi-year extension with Joe Gibbs Racing that will keep him with the team through the foreseeable future.
The exact terms of the deal weren't disclosed, but the contract does call for the 27-year-old to drive the No. 54 Nationwide Series car under the JGR banner instead of Kyle Busch Motorsports as he did in 2012.
Last season, Busch did not drive any Nationwide races for JGR, and this had been a point of consternation for the team owner Joe Gibbs, who had not been consulted before his team allowed Busch to drive for a different organization.
In total, Busch will compete in 25 Nationwide races and 10 Truck, all companion events to the Sprint Cup Series where he will compete full-time.
Busch said Thursday that he had been offered a contract by at least two organizations. However, he would not disclose the teams specifically. It is rumored that Stewart-Haas Racing was one of those teams that contacted Busch directly.
"I did it all privately," Busch said Thursday at the Sprint Media Tour. "I did meet with some other teams and they were very interested. There were some very nice, lucrative deals that were out there to pursue.
"Ultimately, what it comes down to is relationships and things you've developed over the last five or six years."
Busch has driven for JGR since 2008, and in that span, he has amassed 20 Cup victories and has three appearances in the Chase. His best points finish with the team was eighth in 2010.