Apr 2, 2012; New Orleans, LA, USA; Kentucky Wildcats players Anthony Davis (23) and Terrence Jones (3) react during the second half in the finals of the 2012 NCAA men's basketball Final Four against the Kansas Jayhawks at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome. Mandatory Credit: Bob Donnan-US PRESSWIRE
Our final 2012 NBA Mock Draft is about as sensible as the first one was three months ago. Come check it out!
Welp, break out the bow ties and Scotch, because the 2012 NBA Draft is here.
Follow our 2012 NBA Draft results StoryStream for live pick-by-pick coverage. See our NBA Draft rumors StoryStream for full coverage in the run-up. For team-by-team analysis, visit your favorite SB Nation team blog!
To help you cram at the last minute, here is SBNation.com's final 2012 NBA Mock Draft. It's been real my friends. Let's mock.
1. NEW ORLEANS HORNETS: ANTHONY DAVIS
The best part of having a no-brainer No. 1 overall pick: all of the ridiculous and probably true stories about how the team picking No. 1 wouldn't trade the selection for legit MVP candidates in their primes. People are insane this time of year.
2. CHARLOTTE BOBCATS: THOMAS ROBINSON
And this is where this mock draft almost assuredly falls apart.
3. WASHINGTON WIZARDS: BRADLEY BEAL
4. CLEVELAND CAVALIERS: MICHAEL KIDD-GILCHRIST
I do believe the Cavaliers' interest in Dion Waiters, mostly because the best reporters are presenting it. However, I think this pick is trade bait. Waiters can be had lower. Teams want to move up. MKG could be the second best player in the draft. ERGO, it makes sense to move down even a little to pick up another asset (even though Cleveland already has three more picks in the top 40).
5. SACRAMENTO KINGS: DAMIAN LILLARD
I think the Kings' draft board looks like this: Anthony Davis, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Thomas Robinson, Damian Lillard. I'm not sure it makes sense, but Lillard killed the workout season, as Mike Prada reported in his excellent Dame profile this morning. There will be much hand-wringing over Isaiah Thomas and Jimmer Fredette if this is the pick.
6. PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS: JOHN HENSON
Everyone gets whiplash from ripping the Kings to ripping the Blazers.
7. GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS: HARRISON BARNES
8. TORONTO RAPTORS: DION WAITERS
9. DETROIT PISTONS: ANDRE DRUMMOND
We believe: Bendre Drummace.
10. NEW ORLEANS HORNETS: JARED SULLINGER
Slate pitch: are medical red flags blessings in disguise?
11. PORTLAND TRAIL BLAZERS: TYLER ZELLER
12. HOUSTON ROCKETS: MEYERS LEONARD
13. PHOENIX SUNS: AUSTIN RIVERS
14. MILWAUKEE BUCKS: TERRENCE JONES
15. PHILADELPHIA 76ERS: ANDREW NICHOLSON
Andrew Nicholson fever!
16. HOUSTON ROCKETS: PERRY JONES III
Oh, man. This would be fantastic.
17. DALLAS MAVERICKS: TERRENCE ROSS
Ross will get more "sleeper!" love on Friday than Chris Singleton did last year. By the way, say, does anyone know what happened to Chris Singleton?
18. HOUSTON ROCKETS: TONY WROTEN
And the Rockets strike out on moving up, but have an otherwise fantastic draft. The story of Daryl Morey's life.
19. ORLANDO MAGIC: KENDALL MARSHALL
20. DENVER NUGGETS: MOE HARKLESS
All wings everything.
21. BOSTON CELTICS: ROYCE WHITE
Royce + Rondo = book deal for Paul Flannery.
22. BOSTON CELTICS: FAB MELO
23. ATLANTA HAWKS: ARNETT MOULTRIE
24. CLEVELAND CAVALIERS: JEREMY LAMB
25. MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES: JOHN JENKINS
26. INDIANA PACERS: MARQUIS TEAGUE
27. MIAMI HEAT: FESTUS EZELI
28. OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER: KIM ENGLISH
29. CHICAGO BULLS: EVAN FOURNIER
30. GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS: TOMAS SATORANSKY