The Orlando Magic blew a 27-point lead to the Boston Celtics on Thursday night. That was bad enough, but thanks to the lockout, the Magic had to lace 'em up and get right back at it again on Friday. It was as bad as you think.
Take a look at the box score for the Magic's 93-67 loss to the Hornets. Consider that these are the Hornets. The same Hornets that were 3-15 heading into the game.
Bullet point time!
- The Hornets shot 37.5 percent from the line ... and won.
- The Magic shot 39.3 percent from the field
- Dwight Howard: 28 points, 16 rebounds. Everyone else: Oh, forget it.
- Nobody made more than one free throw for the Hornets
- Three players attempted free throws for the Magic. Dwight Howard was one of them, and had 17 of the team's 21 attempts.
- There is one fan comment on the SI box score. It reads: "Lebron MVP !!"
- Won't someone please think of the children before scheduling these games.
Clearly, Kevin Garnett knocked out everyone but Dwight Howard in the bar fight, and the rest of the Magic have yet to recover from their injuries. No other way to explain this.