Lockout ball! First it was the Orlando Magic portion of the box score in Friday night's loss to the New Orleans Hornets. And boy was it bad. This time around, it's the Phoenix Suns, who were struggled to break the 50-point barrier, finally conquering inching past it with just under nine minutes to go. Yes, nine minutes to go in the game.
Bullet points, take two!
- Grant Hill scored a game-high 12 points for the Suns and Sebastian Telfair was the only other Phoenix player in double-figures. When this happens, you've got problems.
- Steve Nash: five points, seven assists. At least he was giving.
- Just want to reiterate again that it took just about 40 minutes for the Suns to score 50 points.
- The Blazers had one less assist than the Suns had made field goals.
- Phoenix led this game after the first quarter, 24-21. The next two quarters? Nine and 12 points. Yep.
- Edit: As I was just reminded, Phoenix finished with 18 assists and 21 turnovers.
- Once again, the only comment in the box score is: "Lebron MVP." I'm sensing a grassroots campaign here.