The Charlotte Bobcats could probably have their own section of Bad Box Scores, but this one is particularly noteworthy. On Sunday evening, the Bobcats were throttled by the Indiana Pacers in a 108-73 loss. It wasn't pretty, but it's worth taking a quick second look at.
To the box score!
- The biggest thing to look at isn't actually in a regular box score. The plus/minus numbers for this game were incredible, and incredibly bad. For instance, D.J. Augustin was -44 in 32 minutes, Corey Maggette was -39, and Boris Diaw and Reggie Williams were each -32. Bismack Biyombo had the best plus/minus of the starters at -15 in 24 minutes.
- Charlotte shot 37.8 percent from the field (28-74) and 59.1 percent from the free throw line (13-22).
- Two starters, Diaw and Biyombo, didn't score a point.
- The Charlotte starters combined for 25 points. The bench combined for 48 points. Something is wrong with this picture.
- No idea what DeSagana Diop was doing, but he finished with zero points, two rebounds and four turnovers in 16 minutes. Yep.