NBA trade rumors are certainly becoming more rampant as Thursday's deadline creeps ever closer, but some of the deals being strewn about are being denied just as soon as they're posted on the Twitter accounts of random reporters. There were a few new ones that have stuck since Monday morning's column, however, so let's get it started.
The newest credible rumors involve Milwaukee Bucks center Andrew Bogut and Golden State Warriors guard Monta Ellis but, like everything else as of late, that trade seems to hinge on the Orlando Magic's decision on what to do with Dwight Howard. Ken Berger of CBS Sports posted more on this rumored move early Tuesday morning.
The Warriors are discussing ways to acquire center Andrew Bogut from Milwaukee as part of a complicated, three-team proposal that would send Monta Ellis to Orlando, multiple league sources told CBSSports.com.
The Warriors would get Bogut from the Bucks and send Ellis to Orlando as part of the Magic's efforts to persuade Dwight Howard that they are prepared to continue surrounding him with top-flight talent. The Magic are exploring multiple scenarios to upgrade their roster in the hopes that Howard would then relent on his strategy to opt out of his contract and become an unrestricted free agent on July 1.
All of that is a mess on the Magic side of the equation, but SB Nation's own Tom Ziller put together a handy FAQ on the Dwight Howard trade rumors. As far as the remaining pieces are concerned, Dan Sinclair over at SB Nation's Brew Hoop did an excellent job summing up everything surrounding Bogut while our Houston Rockets blog wrote quite a bit about Bogut on Monday -- but that was apparently all for naught as those rumors were shut down for the time being.
Bucks guard Brandon Jennings won't be traded, source close to the situation said.— Marc J. Spears (@SpearsNBAYahoo) March 13, 2012
Now that we've waded through the Dwight Howard trade rumors, the rest of the roundup should be a breeze.
- Tom Ziller put the Tyreke Evans trade rumors in perspective and, from a Sacramento Kings standpoint, "coddamn sickening" seems to make sense.
- Rajon Rondo is not being traded by the Boston Celtics, Danny Ainge said rather emphatically. Any bets on Rondo trade rumors continuing over the next couple of days?
- Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer reports that the New Jersey Nets would be willing to give up a future first round pick, Jordan Farmar and Johan Petro for the expiring contract of Boris Diaw. That might be one of the more random trade rumors that have come out of the deadline talks thus far.
- Surprise, surprise: O.J. Mayo is not on the trading block for what might be the first time in his NBA career.
- The Los Angeles Clippers are rumored to be looking at trading Eric Bledsoe and Ryan Gomes to the Portland Trail Blazers for Jamal Crawford. SB Nation's own Ben Golliver reports that isn't likely, but our friend Steve Perrin over at Clips Nation analyzed the deal anyway.