The NBA trade rumors were flowing fast and furious over the weekend, and with just 10 days left until the trade deadline, things will likely continue to heat up right through March 15. The big names discussed this weekend were primarily Dwight Howard and Rajon Rondo, but it sounds like quite a few teams have discussed making some sort of move to improve their team by picking up someone else's castoff.
Sports Illustrated's Sam Amick put together an excellent column highlighting quite a few moves, mostly revolving around the many options the Los Angeles Lakers are looking at in hopes of improving their roster. Aside from SI's Amick, however, quite a few of our team blogs also looked at potential deals that have been discussed around the internet.
As the headline suggests, below is your Monday morning trade rumor roundup!
- The Los Angeles Lakers are no longer in the hunt to acquire Howard from the Orlando Magic, apparently. Orlando Pinstriped Post's Evan Dunlap did an excellent job summarizing the current situation involving Howard's future.
- In a move that isn't exactly surprising considering their rough start, the Boston Celtics have moved toward the top of the heap regarding rampant trade rumors. The always excellent Celtics Blog looked at discussions based around Rondo and Pau Gasol before surmising that everyone on Boston's roster is available for the right price -- it's just going to be a high price.
- Like vultures, a few other teams blogs decided to take part in the Celtics feeding frenzy. Michael Levin of Liberty Ballers opened the discussion regarding Rondo to the Philadelphia 76ers, while Clips Nation's Steve Perrin did a quick reality check related to the Los Angeles Clippers attempting to acquire Ray Allen.
- Golden State Warriors guard Monta Ellis is apparently on the trading block, too. Jason Walker of Peach Tree Hoops looked at a potential deal the Atlanta Hawks could make for Ellis by trading away Joe Johnson, while SLC Dunk takes a look at what it considers an awful rumor regarding Ellis for Utah Jazz big man Al Jefferson.
Apart from those deals involving the bigger names currently finding themselves on the trading block, there are a couple of more minor players our team bloggers are talking about, too.
- The Portland Trail Blazers had Steve Blake on their team a few years ago, and after struggling as of late, Blazer's Edge has rounded up some rumors that would ship Raymond Felton to the Lakers for Blake. Blazers' guard Jamal Crawford has also been included in some rumblings: SB Nation Minnesota has the details regarding a deal to be made with the Minnesota Timberwolves, while Indy Cornrows mentions the possibility of the Indiana Pacers once again pursuing the combo guard.
- The Sacramento Kings can't be forgotten, either, as Sactown Royalty ponders what the Sacramento Kings might be able to get in return for J.J. Hickson. Tom Ziller doesn't think it'll be much, unfortunately.
- Who knows what the Washington Wizards are going to do, but if they decide to start taking bids for JaVale McGee, Bullets Forever looked at what he might be worth.
Be sure to check out professional basketball news from around the league over at SB Nation's NBA page.