The NBA trade rumors weren't quite as rampant on Monday as some would expect, considering the deadline is looming ever closer, but there were still plenty of deals discussed on the first day of the week before deadline week. There were a few new names that popped up, too, but the usual players were discussed for the most part.
The biggest name is Dwight Howard, of course, which was brought back to the forefront following the new news on the Brook Lopez injury. The New Jersey Nets aren't the only team interested in the Orlando Magic superstar, however, as the links below will show.
- There are "six to eight" teams interested in trading for Howard, according to the roundup Evan Dunlap did over at Orlando Pinstriped Post. The interesting part of that post, though, is that it sounds like the Magic may elect to let the trade deadline pass without making a deal with any of the teams interested.
- The Nets are obviously one of the most talked about teams interested in acquiring Howard and, according to Fred Kerber of the New York Post, Lopez's injury won't have an effect on whether the Magic are able to trade with the Magic -- even though Lopez would likely need to be a part of the deal. Nets Daily also has a roundup saying that New Jersey is in the driver's seat as far a Howard trade is concerned.
- As far as other Magic big men are concerned, second-year pro Daniel Orton is a safe bet to be moved. Considering he's played very sparingly during his two seasons in Orlando, Orton is probably rethinking his decision to leave the Kentucky Wildcats after his freshman year.
- One other big man on the trading block is at the opposite end of the spectrum as Orton. Boston Celtics big man Jermaine O'Neal could possibly be traded thanks to his expiring contract, but Celtics Blog's Jeff Clark isn't sure of the idea that someone would trade for the oft-injured center and his $6.2 million salary.
- Joining a few other teams, the Toronto Raptors might be interested in acquiring Jamal Crawford from the Portland Trail Blazers. Adam Francis over at Raptors HQ doesn't think that makes sense, to keep it brief.
- The Detroit Pistons have assets people want! Our friends over at Detroit Bad Boys look at a report saying the Los Angeles Lakers might be looking at Will Bynum as a possible addition to their point guard corps.
- There have been rumors slowly beginning to swirl around Washington Wizards center JaVale McGee, but it seems the Golden State Warriors are not interested until after the season.
- Last, but not least, SLC Dunk is polling fans of the Utah Jazz to see what they're thinking regarding the upcoming trade deadline. It seems like most think they'll stand pat despite a trade being necessary.
Do you love when basketball teams make moves? Great! We have you covered with NBA trade deadline previews from around the league.