So this is bad. Not just bad, though ... something worse than that: Horrendous, turrible (Charles Barkley voice), not-even-watchable. Whatever it is, the Blazers are getting absolutely run by the Boston Celtics. It's 65-30 at halftime. Blazers fans are quickly descending into madness.
We need to talk about this, so let's head to the box score.
Here's the box score, screencapped to be preserved forever.
- Lamarcus Aldridge has 16 points, which would seem decent enough. Then you realize no other Portland player has more than five. Suddenly, Aldridge's 6-of-9 shooting seems kind of hollow.
- Aldridge and Nicolas Batum, who has the aforementioned five points, are the only Blazers to make more than one shot. Batum is 2-of-3.
- The Celtics are on pace to cruise to an easy 130-60 win. That's gotta be some kind of record.
- Boston has more assists (15) than Portland has makes (12).
- But hey, Portland's leading the rebounding battle and is shooting better, percentage-wise, from the line!
- Marcus Camby did this in the first half. Kind of sums up the first half for Portland.
Speaking of madness, let's check in on our Blazers blog:
If Portland can just cut the lead to 86 by the half they have a chance— Ben Golliver (@blazersedge) March 10, 2012
BOS has more than doubled up POR, 40-17. Head to your local Wendy's for a free Double Stack courtesy of the Blazers— Ben Golliver (@blazersedge) March 10, 2012
If you're a fan of Rajon Rondo making Raymond Felton look like a D-Leaguer, turn on CSNNW— Ben Golliver (@blazersedge) March 10, 2012
Might be a good time to turn on some college basketball, Blazers fans. Maybe it'll take the pain away.