Huddles during NBA games are a mixed bag. Unlike the NFL, where every huddle is pretty succinct and involves a specific play, NBA huddles are more meta. There's strategy talk, the occasional grease-board play, some helpful reminders and, perhaps, a pep talk.
At one point, I was sure Collins was going to break out "Turn that frown upside, you guys," before handing out orange slices. This is the kind of thing you'd hear in a little league huddle, not in a meeting of the minds between grown-ass men playing in the league.
Suggestions for Collins' next huddle:
- "Just have some fun out there"
- "Remember your sportsmanship"
- "Everybody's a winner."
- "Just play hard and good things will happen."
- "At least we're not the Bobcats."
- "Pizza party after the game!"
- "Hey, if you win this one, the fat guy will put his shirt back on."