Chris Nicoll-USA TODAY Sports
Iguodala has missed the last 26 days with a strained hamstring, but he will return Tuesday night against the Pelicans
Andre Iguodala has missed the Warriors' last 12 games with a strained hamstring, but is making his return Tuesday night against the New Orleans Pelicans, tthe team announced.
Iguodala has missed the last 12 games and the Warriors have gone just 5-7 in that span. At 13-12, Golden State is just one loss away from .500 and would miss the playoffs if the season ended today.
Iguodala, a former All-Star, is a key cog that makes this high-powered offense run. He plays as a secondary ball-handler and accounts for a majority of the team's playmaking duties. He also is responsible for guarding the best wing player on opposing teams, as he is known as a stout, versatile defender.
Getting him back in that lineup is a huge step for the Warriors moving forward.
• Late-game blunders cost Mike Woodson's Knicks against Wizards
• The sorry state of the Bulls without Derrick Rose
• Prada: Is Roy Hibbert too good for the rule of verticality?
• Flannery: The Knicks are a disaster in 3 acts
• They're Playing Basketball: An oral history of Kurtis Blow's iconic song and video