The Toronto Raptors are reportedly "frontrunners" to trade for Sebastian Telfair of the Phoenix Suns.
The Toronto Raptors are "frontrunners" to trade for Sebastian Telfair of the Phoenix Suns, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports.
It is unclear as to what the Suns would seek in return for Telfair. As the Suns dropped to the bottom of the Western Conference, Telfair fell out of the playing rotation as Phoenix started giving rookie Kendall Marshall more minutes. With another young guard in Diante Garrett available for minutes, the Suns would do well to pry a second-round pick from a team that could use Telfair as insurance for the rest of the season. Telfair is making around $1.6 million in the last year of his contract this season.
Toronto would look to bolster their point guard position by adding Telfair, who trains with Rudy Gay, Kyle Lowry, and Alan Anderson of the Raptors every Summer per Steve Kyler of HOOPSWORLD.
More in the NBA:
• Thomas Robinson traded in 3-team deal
• NBA Trade Deadline: What to expect from all 30 teams
• Jon Bois examines sports' greatest miracle: The half-court shot (with GIFs!)
• The Josh Smith Debate: Is J-Smoove actually worth it?
• Will Dwight Howard be traded? Tracking LA's soap opera