Soobum Im-USA TODAY Sports
Tony Parker left Friday's game with an ankle injury.
San Antonio Spurs guard Tony Parker left Friday's game against the Sacramento Kings with an injury to his left leg, and Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said Parker is expected to miss time.
Andrew McNeil of Spurs blog 48 MInutes of Hell reports that Popovich said Parker would be out 'a while' with the injury. Jason Jones of the Sacramento Bee reported earlier Friday that Parker's injury is a sprained left ankle.
Parker had 13 points and seven assists when he left the game in the third quarter. He's averaged 21.1 points and 7.6 assists per game this season and he has emerged as a contender for the MVP award.
More in the NBA:
• Proud father Dell Curry talks to SB Nation about Steph's 54-point outburst
• What makes Stephen Curry special? His coach and teammates explain
• Sacramento is nothing like Seattle
• Watch the Miami Heat's Harlem Shake video
• Basketball jerseys with sleeves? Adidas must be stopped