Paul Pierce had 20 points, 10 rebounds and 10 assists for Boston Friday in a win over the Hawks.
Paul Pierce notched his third career triple-double as the Boston Celtics (38-34) beat the Atlanta Hawks (40-33), 118-107, Friday. It was Boston's second straight win.
For more on the story, visit Celtics Blog or Peachtree Hoops
Pierce finished with 20 points on 8-for-18 shooting with 10 rebounds and 10 assists. It was Pierce's second straight game with 10 rebounds. Pierce is averaging more than six assists per game since Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo went down with a season-ending injury, two more per game than his career average.
Jeff Green finished with 27 points for Boston and Jason Terry scored 24 off the bench.
Jeff Teague led the Hawks with 17 points, seven assists and two steals. Mike Scott scored 19 points off the bench and Josh Smith scored 18 points for the Hawks.
More from SB Nation:
• SB Nation's Q&A with Al Horford
• The Suns are terrible at pretending not to tank
• Don't compare the Heat to a team from 1972
• Kobe gets away with game-changing foul | NBA admits mistake
• The Celtics and their next generation GM
• The best NBA draft prospects of March Madness