The barn-burner in Big D ended with the Mavericks staving off a late run from their in-state rival.
The Dallas Mavericks overcame a late surge from the Houston Rockets to hang on and win, 112-108, on Wednesday night at American Airlines Center.
For more, visit The Dream Shake or Mavs Moneyball
Dallas (27-33) used 54.2 percent shooting from the field to overcome losing the rebounding margin, 40-33, to defeat their in-state rival.
Dirk Nowitzki was strong throughout the night and finished with 22 points and five rebounds. Shawn Marion tied his team high with 22 points of his own and added four assists and two steals.
James Harden continued to showcase his superstar form and finished with 28 points, nine assists and four rebounds for Houston (33-29). Chandler Parsons put together a solid effort with 23 points on 8-of-15 shooting and added four rebounds.
The game featured 11 lead changes and six ties. The Mavericks led by as many as 13.
More in the NBA:
• The NBA feeds its own conspiracy theories
• Dwight Howard, Phil Jackson exchange texts
• Dennis Rodman: The unwitting diplomat
• GIFs! The Week in Worst: Hope you like air balls
• How LeBron shut down Carmelo
• Lamar Odom falls asleep at custody hearing