Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen had big games off the bench as the Heat beat the Celtics Friday.
The Miami Heat (63-16) received a productive effort from their bench as they beat the Boston Celtics (40-39) 109-101 Friday. It was Miami's fifth straight win.
For more on the story, visit Hot Hot Hoops or Celtics Blog
LeBron James scored 20 points with six rebounds and nine assists, and he received plenty of support from the second unit. After the Celtics built a 10-point lead after the first quarter, Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen helped the Heat get back in it. Miami out-scored Boston 41-23 in the second. Lewis finished with 19 points and Allen scored 17. Norris Cole chipped in with 12 off the bench. The three combined to shoot 9 for 12 from three-point range.
Jeff Green continued his impressive play for the Celtics with 25 points and eight rebounds. Jordan Crawford scored 20 points, Courtney Lee scored 18 points and Brandon Bass had 17 for Boston.
More from SB Nation:
• Flannery: Welcome back, Deron Williams
• Let the overhyping of Ben McLemore begin
• Pau Gasol flexed his skills Tuesday
• Rudy Gay and the credibility of a 30-48 team
• Maloofs would accept Sacramento's offer
• How a 29-year-old rookie made it to the NBA