TMZ is reporting that the former Lakers and Clippers forward has been struggling with a serious drug problem for the last two years.
According to a report from celebrity website TMZ, Lamar Odom has allegedly been dealing with a "hardcore" drug problem for the last two years.
TMZ reports that Odom spent three weeks in a rehab facility last summer and was clean while playing with the Los Angeles Clippers last season. However, after the season ended, he reportedly started using again.
Odom was a key contributor to the Los Angeles Lakers championships in 2009 and 2010, but his career has gone downhill since being traded to the Dallas Mavericks before the start of the 2012 season.
The versatile 6'10 forward has not been able to regain the form that won him the Sixth Man of the Year Award in 2011, averaging a little over 5 points a game in two seasons with the Mavericks and Clippers.
The 33-year-old Odom is currently a free agent, although he has been linked to both Los Angeles teams at various points in the off-season.
Odom was suspended twice in 2001 for violating the NBA's anti-drug policy.
• Ziller: Goodell, Stern and doing more harm than good
• Damian Lillard raps 20 bars in interview
• Lakers preview new black jerseys
• Flannery: Iverson made the building shake A.I.'s greatest highlights
• NBA youngest rookie: "I'm the best player on the court"
• Ranking the top 100 NBA players of 2017