Arizona State is in Pullman on Saturday night, playing Washington State in a Pac-12 matchup. At the time of this writing, the game is at the half. Washington State leads Arizona State, 36-8. That's not a typo: the Sun Devils scored eight points in the first 20 minutes.
Let's quickly run through the box score for some fun facts!
- Arizona State had more turnovers (10) than points.
- WSU guard DaVonte Lacy outscored Arizona State by himself (14-8) and forward Brock Motum finished the half with the same number of points as the Sun Devils.
- Washington State made more field goals (13) than Arizona State has points.
- Washington State has more offensive rebounds (5) than Arizona State has made field goals (3).
- The Sun Devils are shooting 16.7 percent from the field. But hey, at least they made their only free throw attempt!
- Trent Lockett is 1-7 from the field. Chanse Creekmur and Chris Colvin have Arizona State's other two made buckets and are perfect from the field!
- Washington State has 10 assists on 13 made buckets. Arizona State has a single, lonely assist.
- ASU is shooting the same percentage from the field as it is from beyond the arc (3-18, 1-6).