Utah is a brand new member of the Pac-12, but that doesn't mean the Utes shouldn't be up for relegation in basketball. In fact, it might be wise to institute a promotion/relegation system in hoops, especially considering just how bad the Pac-12 has been. Teams who fare poorly in the regular season get sent down to the Big Sky, WCC or otherwise, and a top performer gets called up.
At the half, Utah trails Oregon by a 52-14 margin. So why is Utah so bad? This box score should sum it up nicely. Let's dig in, shall we?
- Devoe Joseph is currently outscoring Utah, 16-14. Joseph hasn't missed a shot from the field yet, either.
- Oregon has more made shots (21) than Utah has attempts (20).
- Utah made all four of its free throws while Oregon missed all three of its attempts. Small victories!
- Center Jason Washburn has 10 of the Utes' 14 points.
- Oregon has more assists (11) than Utah has makes (5).
- At one point, the score was 34-2.