We need to talk about Wyoming. I know it's late and probably few are watching this, but we need to have a real discussion about what's going on and how it can be prevented from ever happening again. Yes, the end of USF-Notre Dame was bad, but just minutes later, we've found something worse.
Wyoming is trailing UNLV at the half by a 28-11 margin. You read that right, now let's get to the box score.
We need to screencap this for posterity and preserve it forever.
And a few notes:
- No Cowboys had more than two first-half points and Leonard Washington, he of 1-of-7 shooting, finished with more fouls (3) than points.
- Wyoming finished the half shooting 12.5 percent after making just 3-of-24 shots. I don't even.
- Five different players had two points, so at least the scoring was distributed.
- On the other side: Only three players scored points for UNLV, and Mike Moser had 18 points. There's a legitimate chance he could outscore Wyoming for the game by himself.
- UNLV has more three-point makes (4) than Wyoming has field goals.
- Wyoming committed more fouls (4) than it made baskets (3). And Washington was responsible for three of those.