SB Nation's BCS Evolution takes a look at the state of the automatic qualifier races for BCS conference rankings and bowl bids at the end of Week 8. With a rough third of the season left, here's where we stand in the Big Six conferences:
• Florida State and Virginia Tech have clear, if not comfortable leads in the ACC.
• Michigan State remains in control of the Big Ten.
• Missouri leads the Big 12, and could possibly still win the North if they lose a game. Baylor controls the South.
• Pitt remains the only Big East team without a conference loss.
• Oregon, of course, stands astride the Pac-10.
• South Carolina leads a battered SEC East, with Auburn the lone undefeated team in the conference and sole leader of the West.
For more on individual conference races, as well as non-AQ teams clamoring for bowl bids, click through for the rest of BCS Evolution's analysis.