A handful of good games dot the early college football scoreboard, chief among them the Auburn Tigers and Mississippi St. Bulldogs shootout, the Toledo Rockets' upset bid against the Ohio St. Buckeyes and the battle for a white bucket full of smaller white buckets between the Iowa Hawkeyes and Iowa St. Cyclones, which is deadlocked at halftime.
There are plenty of games you can go ahead and scratch off your list of concerns, however:
- Michigan State towers over FAU 27-0 at the half despite importing The Situation for the afternoon.
- Illinois towers over South Dakota State 42-3 at the half despite ... let's be honest, we all know who their coach is.
- Central Michigan is up 13-6 on Kentucky, a score which might take Kentucky weeks to make up.
- Wisconsin is bombing Oregon State 21-0. That seems mighty low when you remember the Beavers lost to Sacramento State and Bert Bielema shows mercy to no one, but awwww Beavers.
- UNC is beating Rutgers 14-6. That's a competitive score, but the Heels have fumbled four times and Rutgers is averaging two yards per play. Just don't watch it.