There's nothing funny about death, but if we're talking about the internet's reaction to death, that's a whole 'nother story. And as the eulogies to Joe Paterno poured in around the web this weekend, there was one typo that kept popping up. It all began with a CNN report...
All it takes is a simple Twitter search and suddenly you've got the news cycle filtered by DamnYouAutoCorrect.com. Shoutout to Meech and @FanSince09 for drawing our attention to this miracle of technology.
More highlights below.
1. It was Championship Sunday, after all.
2. That couch has street cred for LIFE.
4. The Bear Bryant couch ain't got NOTHING on the greatest couch of all time.
5. The loss of this couch was felt the world over. :-(
6. Do some research, internet. #SMH
7. That couch's blood is on YOUR HANDS, media.
8. Everyone say a prayer.
9. Not a typo, just the worst person in the world. #Twitter
In closing: God bless Joe Paterno, God bless couches, and God bless the Internet.