This year's Auburn-Mississippi State game isn't going to live up to the 2008 3-2 classic (and might end up being topped in non-highlightetness by UConn-N.C. State). But it's still a box score treasure so far. Let's review:
- Kiehl Frazier has one completion in seven attempts for minus-two yards. He also has two interceptions.
- Philip Lutzenkirchen, one of the SEC's best short-yardage targets, is the recipient of that completion. Minus-two yards makes for an impressive line.
- Auburn's longest play: nine yards. 66 total, and 2.2 per play.
- Mississippi State has 156 yards, but only seven points.
- The Bulldogs have missed two field goals.
- Six total punts so far.
- Three total turnovers so far.
- Nine total penalties so far.
Check the national college football scoreboard right here, and look through SB Nation's many excellent college football blogs to find your team's community.