The Pittsburgh Steelers picked up their fair share of undrafted free agents following the end of the 2013 NFL Draft, adding to their roster in hopes of discovering a hidden gems on both offense and defense. Behind the Steel Curtain has a full rundown of the complete Steelers draft class, and a list of the undrafted free agents is below.
On offense, Pittsburgh picked up a number of players in an attempt to find some depth for the offensive line. They signed a pair of tackles, Nik Embernate and Mike Farrell, as well as a pair of centers in Joe Madsen and Ivory Wade. Madsen was a four-year starter and has good lateral movement, according to his draft profile, but he'll need to add strength to his 6'3, 310-pound frame in order to compete in the NFL.
The Steelers also added Anthony Rashad White, a defensive tackle out of Michigan State whose name was mentioned when notable NFL Combine snubs were being discussed. Spartans blog The Only Colors notes that White's strength comes against the run game, and also features White in their top five moments from 2012.
A complete list of undrafted free agents currently signed by the Steelers:
- Brian Arnfelt, DE, Northwestern
- Alan Baxter, LB, Northern Illinois
- Reggie Dunn, WR, Utah
- Nik Embernate, OT, San Diego State
- Mike Farrell, OT, Penn State
- Mike Golic Jr., OL, Notre Dame
- Cordian Hagans, DE, Louisiana-Lafayette
- Chris Hubbard, G, UAB
- Omar Hunter, DT, Florida
- Luke Ingram, LS, Hawaii
- Joe Madsen, C, West Virginia
- Curtis McNeal, RB, Southern Cal
- Anthony Rashad White, DT, Michigan State
- Ivory Wade, C, Baylor
- J.D. Woods, WR, West Virginia