The Cleveland Browns fans may be focused on Barkevious Mingo and other signings from the 2013 NFL Draft, but their team has also signed plenty of undrafted free agents in hopes of adding depth to their roster or finding an overlooked talent.
The Browns went into the draft with significant needs at both cornerback and safety. The selection of Leon McFadden in the third round may give them someone to start opposite Joe Haden, but it still leaves questions at safety. A pair of undrafted free agents may be of some help there, with Ryan McWethy of Wisconsin-Platteville and Ricky Tunstall of Delaware both joining the team.
McWethy ran a 4.48 40-yard dash at his pro day, according to Madison.com, and posted 180 tackles and five interceptions in his career at the small Wisconsin-Platteville. Ricky Tunstall put up fewer tackles in his career at Delaware, 101 in his career, but had more success going after the ball, with nine interceptions.
Other players signed by Cleveland include a pair of offensive tackles as well as Jamaine Cook, a 1200-yard running back out of Youngstown State. The full list of undrafted free agents signed by Cleveland:
- Aaron Adams, OT, Eastern Kentucky
- Perez Ashford, WR, Northern Illinois
- Josh Aubrey, CB, Stephen F. Austin
- Braxston Cave, OL, Notre Dame
- Jamaine Cook, RB, Youngstown State
- Chris Faulk, OT, LSU
- Caylin Hauptmann, G, Florida International
- Garrett Hoskins, FB, Eastern Michigan
- Dave Kruger, DT, Utah
- Ryan McWethy, S, Wisconsin-Platteville
- Mike Niam, LB, Wofford
- Cordell Roberson, WR, Stephen F. Austin
- Travis Tannahill, TE, Kansas State
- Ricky Tunstall, S, Delaware
- Martin Wallace, OT, Temple