That's right - Nickelback will be performing for you good folks during the Thanksgiving Day halftime show, as some sort of sick reminder from the Lions front office that you need to remember losing ways so as not to get overconfident.
This is where the worlds of sports and music collide, literally! There are several things to take away from such a story, such as:
- First the injury to the quarterback, then issues at running back, now the issues with Nickelback... before long, Lions fans will be asking for their money back!
- If the folks in the front office tells them Nickelback is good music, they're lion to their fans!
- This seems to me like one big con. Certainly fans must know what's going on here.
- If you announce this now, you're cutting your ticket sales in half. Time to start doing damage control.
- When the NFC wild card race is settled, I expect the Lions to come out on top. Forte and the Bears pose a challenge in Week 10, however.
- A Week 9 bye will do this team some good, but don't be surprised if a little rust remains. Trim a few plays out of the playbook to keep things simple, and I'll think they'll be fine.
- Packers-Lions is shaping up to be a heavyweight bout. So if they're the main card... is Nickelback the Kroeger Plus Card?
- If Detroit falls to a division rival, it'll be a loss they won't soon forget. Are these Lions up to the challenge?
- Don't worry, the Lions won't overhaul their defensive playbook just because Aaron Rodgers is coming to town. Expect them to stick with a bass 4-3 defense.
- Maybe if the Lions get on a roll offensively, they should give Stafford some more play-calling power. Quarterbacks really appreciate a vote of confidence like that.
- Man, do you remember back when this team was led by Matt Millen? They never ceased to amuse. Ick.