On Monday, Internet subscriber @bretwallin was kind enough to send me a few screencaps from ESPN's afternoon programming, one of which I will post here:
- That's a Photoshop, of course... but then again, we've seen Brett "Photoshop" a ball into a receiver's hands time and time again. Let's see what you've got, No. 4!
- Harbaugh, to Manning, to Favre. The legends just keep on coming.
- Blue and white, huh? I thought Superman had some red in his costume, too... guess they have to save it for the faces of defensive coordinators across the AFC!
- Thanks for holding down the fort, Kerry. But look out, because now the Colts are bringing in the big guns -- literally.
- I hope Lucas Oil Stadium is big enough to fit a career full of memories. Boy oh boy, that Gunslinger really is something.
- I can hear it now. "Favre throws... caught by Dallas Clark! Another touchdown for the living legend!" Sure would be something.
- Sure would love to see Favre wearing Colts colors.
- Sure would love to see Favre wearing white and blue.
- You know, it just hasn't been the same without the Gunslinger this season. We know you still have something left, Favre. How about one last run?
- We're gonna miss you, Peyton... but there's literally a new sheriff in town.
- Boy. Boy oh boy. I'd love to see the Gunslinger out there one last time. Boy oh boy oh boy oh boy.
- Hmm. Looks like the Colts' depth chart is a little shallow under center... what do you say, Mr. Favre? C'mon, lace 'em up, head out there, and show us what made you a winner.
- You sure look good in blue and white, Brett. I think a Colts jersey will fit you just fine.
- The Gunslinger, you say? Well, the rest of the AFC South just started shaking in their boots.
- Colts, I heard you're not feeling so hot. Well, just call me the Football Doctor, because you know what I'm prescribing for you? A heaping helping of Brett Favre, the ol' Gunslinger. Use as directed and you'll be back to the Super Bowl in no time.
- I bet Favre has a little magic left in that arm.
- I think that Brett Favre has a little bit of magic left in that arm.
- Face, it Colts... you may have a Painter on your bench, but he's no Da Vinci. Give Brett Favre the ball, and see what a real Mozart can do.