Dylan Favre, nephew of Brett Favre, is a freshman backup quarterback at Mississippi State. He has not yet received any playing time, and in the early hours of Friday morning, he tweeted his frustration:
Is an opportunity too much 2 ask for?
- Sure would be great to see Favre out there one first time.
- Another day, another quarterback named Favre... for these two, football truly is a family affair.
- For these two, football is a family affair, literally.
- C'mon, Mississippi State! Don't you know a legendary name on your roster when you see one?
- No one thought Brett Favre was going to be special, either... but try telling that to all the opposing defenses he sliced and diced like chop suey! Give Dylan a shot!
- It just wouldn't be the same with Dylan Favre.
- Uh, another quarterback named Favre? I think I'm coming down with a case of deja vu, and the only cure is starting Dylan under center, pronto!
- Sure would be great to see another Favre out there and just go out there and rough it up and do the old what's what.
- Say, you know what any strugging NFL roster could use? A family reunion -- check that, Favre-mily reunion -- on the depth chart! Paging Jim Irsay...
- For these two, football is a family affair, both literally and figuratively.
- It runs in the family... and it throws in the family, too! WHOOSH!
- C'mon, coach, give Dylan a shot. If he has half the heart his uncle has, then boy oh boy... he's gonna show college football a thing or two.
- Seriously though it is a family affair on account of they are relatives
- Ever heard the phrase, "blood is thicker than water"? Well, watch Dylan work on his drills with the Gunslinger for a little while, and you'll understand.
- Boy. You know, we may have to wait a little bit for the ol' Gunslinger to come back and give it one last go... but in the meantime, I know of a gritty young quarterback at Mississippi State that oughta do juuuust fine.
- I went to the doctor and said, "listen, Doc, I ain't feeling so hot... I think I've got a case of double vision!" His prescription: "take two Favres and call me in the morning"! You heard the Doc...
- Sure would be great to see Favre out there.