From a press release on the CSS network's website:
CSS, the regional sports channel focused on sports throughout the South, has announced that former Southern Miss and future NFL Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre will serve as color analyst for its live coverage of the Rice at Southern Miss game on Saturday, October 1 at 7:30 p.m. ET.
- Color analyst, huh? Well, you picked the right fella, because Favre knows a little bit about getting black and blue, but he also knows all about green and gold!
- Hey, Southern Miss. Got an empty spot on your roster? What do your eligibility rules say about living legends?
- Sure will be nice to hear from the ol' Gunslinger again.
- Sure wish the ol' Gunslinger was back on the field again.
- Sure hasn't been the same without the ol' Gunslinger.
- Hey, Golden Eagles, here's your cue to call an audible -- literally -- and put Favre on the field.
- Class is in session. The Professor of Poise is in the building. Watch out, Rice!
- It would sure be nice to see Favre out there standin' 'em up and knockin' 'em down.
- Wouldn't it be great if Brett Favre, the Gunslinger himself, trotted out there one last time?
- Sounds like Brett Favre is leaving the ranch to call a game at Southern Miss. Say, Brett. While you're out, how about stopping by Lambeau and suiting up one last time?
- Boy, it sure would be great if Favre could go down slingin'. Just one last time.
- Come on, Favre. If you want your alma mater to alma matter, you'll strap on a helmet and help those kids get it done.
- Hey, Brett, I bet you could still head out there and show all these young guns a thing or two. What do you say?
- Brett, you can stay "retired" as long as you want, but sitting in front of a microphone will get micro-phoney after a while. How about you lace 'em up for the real thing, one last time?
- Sure would love it if Brett Favre could head out there one last time.
- Come back, Brett. We all (Southern) Miss you.
- Boy, it sure would be something if we could get Favre on the field. Just one last time.
- Gee whiz. Can you imagine? "Paging Professor Favre to the Southern Miss campus! It's a football emergency!" (He is the doctor kind of professor (football doctor))
- Southern Miss can recruit Favre and wide to recruit a quarterback, but they'll never find another Gunslinger.
- Brett, over the years, you've made a lot of fourth-quarter comebacks. Now it's time for you to make a plain old fourth comeback. Get out of that dang booth and show us all a thing or two!
- Hasn't been the same without you, Brett.
- It just hasn't been the same without the ol' Gunslinger.
- It just isn't the same without the ol' Gunslinger.