A day after Oakland Raiders linebacker Rolando McClain posted on Facebook that he was no longer with the team and following the Raiders denying that it was true, the team has reportedly told the 2010 first-round draft pick not to appear at Thursday's practice.
The Oakland Tribune's Jerry McDonald reports that head coach Dennis Allen was resistant to say why exactly McClain was told not to appear at practice.
The starting middle linebacker had posted on his Facebook Wednesday that he was gladly no longer with the Raiders on Wednesday, but he shortly thereafter deleted the post, according to the San Jose Mercury News. Oakland soon after said he was still part of their 53-man roster, though it's clear he did something to put his status into question.
Oakland would only call it a "team-related issue" that held McClain out of Wednesday's practice.
McClain had his best season last year, as he produced with 99 tackles and five sacks.
Omar Gaither will fill in at McClain's linebacker spot.