Lost (at least to me) in all the Super Bowl goings-on last week: Tom Brady admitted that he watched last year's Super Bowl on an illegal Internet feed.
"Last year I was rehabbing my foot in Costa Rica, watching the game on an illegal Super Bowl website. And now I’m actually playing in the game. So, it’s pretty cool," Brady said.
It's difficult for me to concisely express my opinion on such a complicated issue. My detailed thoughts on the matter are after the jump.
- This is surprising. Tom Brady isn't exactly known for running a bootleg.
- News Flash: watching sports online is all the rage. This just in: TV is a thing of the past!
- On the issue of illegal feeds, there's long existed an impasse between rights holders and the common fan. Perhaps a superstar such as Tom Brady can serve as a buffer.
- Five years ago, if a public figure admitted to such a thing, he would have been thrown on the pyre. A sea change is occurring, however.
- And you thought using an illegal stream was low-brow? Sir, think again.
- Brady was just desperate to watch the Super Bowl. It's like they say: "any port in a storm." And if you take football as seriously as Tom Brady does, it may as well be a torrential downpour. Set sail for the peer!
- Tom Brady may have lost the Super Bowl, but at least he didn't lose in a rout. Errant throws weren't the problem, either.
- It was startling to see the Patriots lose the Super Bowl. Did you see how convincingly they won when they hosted the Broncos? They really modem down.
- If your defense is up against Tom Brady, you can't afford to just hold the fort and wait until fourth down. Load the box and go after him!
- When Brady's at his best, the entire field is his domain. He seize what other quarterbacks do not.
- As a quarterback, your ability to make decisions quickly is what makes you a pro. To call plays on the fly like Brady does requires a rare sort of talent.
- Brady should have targeted Branch more often, but it seemed like he was barely ever able to find Deion. Essentially, he blew it.
(Story via BostInno)