Deadspin has come across a restaurant bill left by Peyton Manning, in which the noted pass enthusiast tipped $200 on a $740 tab. That tab, mind you, looks like it already included an 18 percent gratuity, so Manning effectively tipped about 55 percent.
Look, this is a story that's bound to spark all sorts of emotional responses. Let's try to keep a level head. Here are a few things that are important to keep in mind as this story develops:
- Man. This guy Peys a Ton! I bet the server had an ingkling that he'd get a healthy tip, though.
- You think this was at Buffalo Wild Wings? Because he sure is good with Bills!
- Manning's always managed to avoid tipped passes ... and as it turns out, he doesn't pass on the tip, either!
- Get ready for months of wild Peyton Manning rumors all over the Internet. Our servers are gonna explode ...
- I feel bad for the future backup quarterback on whichever team Peyton Manning ends up on. Because when Manning's healthy, the sub totals about three passes a season.
- It seems like Manning can't get any privacy these days. Someone snapped a photo the second he put the checkdown.
- I'm sure Manning will get plenty of interest in free agency. They've seen the Colts' success over the years, and they know he deserves a lot of the credit. Cardinals fans must be losing sleep over this.
- 18 percent gratuity? You can say that again! Number 18 perty much cent the Colts tuity Super Bowl with his grat leadership skills!
- Ugh. Sorry.