Lines on the first 16 weeks of the 2012 NFL season have been released by Cantor Gaming and after reading through the lines on all the games you can tell the oddsmakers believe in the New England Patriots
and Green Bay Packers
, who are both favored by double digits in multiple games throughout the season.
Perusing the schedule, here are a few lines of note:
- The Broncos are 2-point favorites over the Steelers on Sunday Night Football in Week 1.
- The largest lines of the season come with the Packers as a 14-point home favorite over the Jaguars in Week 8 and the Patriots as a 14-point favorite over the Colts in Week 11.
- The Patriots and Packers are favored in every game this season.
- Green Bay is a 7-point favorite in Week 4 over the Saints, who will be missing Jonathan Vilma, Will Smith and head coach Sean Payton, among others.
- The Patriots are 7-point favorites over Peyton Manning and the Broncos in Week 5.
- The Ravens are 3-point favorites against the Steelers in Baltimore and the Steelers are a 3-point favorite in Pittsburgh.