Being selected as the cover athlete for the latest edition of the "Madden NFL" video game franchise is arguably the greatest honor a human being can achieve. This year's lucky winner is Calvin Johnson of the Detroit Lions, who will now receive a billion dollars, a spare key to the White House and the ability to walk through walls. The Detroit Lions' official website has revealed the cover, replete with Johnson's glorious visage. You can check it out after the jump.
Things Johnson could conceivably be doing in this photo:
- Preparing to catch a football
- Getting really into the "Jedi Academy" live show at Disneyland
- Wondering why he's on the street outside of the stadium, rather than on the field, where it would make more sense for him to be in full pads
- Worrying about the impending hurricane that appears to be brewing
- Attempting to describe to a friend how big that spider in the bathroom this morning must have been, at least
- Frantically asking the cameraman "HOW'D THIS BIG CAT GET ON MY GLOVES OH GOD MY FELINOPHOBIA"
For all news and information regarding Calvin Johnson and the Detroit Lions, please visit Pride of Detroit.