The Philadelphia Eagles have waived wide receiver Jamel Hamler on Monday, which brings the club's roster to the mandatory 75 player limit. Coming into the day, the club needed to make four roster moves prior to the 4 p.m., ET deadline to bring the roster to 75.
In addition, the Eagles also placed Jason Peters on the reserve/non-football injury list and have placed Mike Patterson on the reserve/non-illness list. Both players will be eligible to resume practicing between Weeks 6 and 9, with Patterson having a legitimate chance to play this season. Peters, on the other hand, will likely be placed on IR when he comes off the list.
The club also placed guard Mike Gibson on IR with a minor injury to his hip flexor.
Previous cuts included the following players:
- Elvis Akpla, Wide Receiver
- Wade Bonner, Safety
- Xavier Brown, Defensive End
- Brian Hernandez, Wide Receiver
- McKay Jacobson, Wide Receiver
- Tiger Jones, Wide Receiver
- Alfred McCullough, Guard
- Tom Nelson, Defensive Back
- Kevin Thomas, Corner Back
- Thomas Welch, Offensive Tackle
- Cliff Harris, Corner Back
Philadelphia has until Friday night at 9 p.m., ET to trim the roster from 75 to 53 players for the regular season roster.