NFL fans are getting ready for the Houston Texans versus New England Patriots to close this weekend's divisional round. This has been a wild weekend of games, to say the least, but this finale has no shortage of league superstars. In fact, the Pats will get to add one more in Sunday's game as Rob Gronkowski returns to the lineup.
The mammoth tight end broke his forearm during the season, contributing on a special teams play late in the game. After having it surgically repaired, Gronkowski had the end of the season and the first-round bye to heal up and adjust his game accordingly. It wasn't much time, but we've seen both Ray Lewis and Justin Smith play through tricep tears.
It's the playoffs!
The Texans will have their hands full as the Patriots will be bringing a full house, complete with their tight end tandem made of Aaron Hernandez and Gronkowski. With Gronkowski's return, tight end Daniel Fells will be inactive.
New England inactives:
- Tight end Daniel Fells
- Offensive lineman Nick McDonald
- Offensive lineman Markus Zusevics
- Defensive end Jake Bequette
- Safety Derrick Martin
- Defensive back Malcolm Williams
- Wide receiver Kamar Aiken
- Guard Antoine Caldwell
- Guard Cody White
- Cornerback Roc Carmichael
- Cornerback Stanford Routt
- Linebacker Cameron Collins
- Tackle Andrew Gardner
- Defensive tackle Terrell McClain